|Sample picture courtesy of residentevilchef.com|
Time: at most 30 minutes
Serves 1 (large portion)
1. 1/2 lb of any kind of pasta you like
2. 2 cloves of garlic or more if you want to enhance the flavor
3. A pinch of ground dried chili pepper (add to taste). Fresh hot peppers are a good substitute.
4. 3 to 4 tablespoons good olive oil (do not use extra virgin or virgin! I recommend pure olive oil which is refined and is healthier to heat)
5. a pinch of curry powder
6. salt, 1 teaspoon
7. grated parmigiano or pecorino romano cheese (optional)
8. 1 cup shrimp, shelled and deveined.
1. In a large saucepan, fill with 2-3 quarts water, add 1 teaspoon salt, bring to a boil, then add pasta.
2. While the pasta is cooking, peel your garlic and mince garlic into tiny cubes. Be careful!
3. Chop up your dried/fresh chili pepper
4. Get out your fry pans and a cooking spatula, turn on your stove, and add the olive oil. Then, add your shrimp, and cook for 1 minute, then add minced garlic and pepper. Sauté with spatula until the garlic turns brown and the shrimp turns pink. Immediately turn off the heat because you don't want to overcook the garlic. Mmmm!!
5. Now, when the spaghetti are cooked, drain them and transfer them to the pan, and use your spatula to mix the noodle and the sauce together (its pretty hard to flip noodles like the chefs did in the drama so I don't recommend it as a first try)!
6. Transfer to a serving bowl, and enjoy with a bit of grated cheese, dried parsley, and some fresh grape tomatoes!