Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tilapia Gochijang Dooboo Jigae (Hot Pepper Paste soup with Tilapia and Tofu)

Hiyah people!
I haven't been posting for a while because of my diet. But now, since I'm finally off the hook, I get to enjoy cooking again ;)
So this is a pretty light recipe, but will leave you feeling full any day. For the cooler nights of late August.

I don't like to specify amounts because I feel it's subjective (hey, how much gochujang you put in is up to you...can't force you to burn your mouth off ;) ) Anyways, I never cook by amounts unless when I'm baking, that's when I follow the recipe down to the letter.

Ingredients
Water
Tofu (1/3 of a block is good)
Kombu (Or any thick seaweed)
1 Tilapia filet
Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
Dwenjang (Asian soybean paste)

Any kind of vegetables.

Soy sauce (to taste)*

1. Put cold water into a large pot, add dried kombu and diced tofu. Bring to a boil.
2. Add tilapia filet.
3. Add gochujang paste to taste. I usually add 2 tablespoons, I like it to be spicier.
4. Add any vegetables you prefer.
5. Add dwenjang if you think it needs more salt
6. Serve with soy sauce (diners can adjust soup savoriness to taste) and steamed white rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrumptious, tasty, fair, or not your type? Write to your hearts content.